Best Exercises for Golfers
Any force required by a golfer to generate a long-distance golf swing originates in the legs. As a result, if you aggressively activate your leg muscles during golf fitness routines, you’ll see an increase in clubhead speed. You’ll also notice that you’re able to better steady your swing, enhance flexibility, and reduce strain to avoid injury.
Because the bulk of the weight is transferred to the legs when you swing your club, you may overload without feeling the weight. You can achieve adequate load on the swing without slipping or swaying by encouraging stability with powerful legs. Leg exercises are beneficial to all levels of golfers, including beginners, the elderly, and those recovering from injury.
Top Golf Exercises for the Leg Muscles
This exercise, also known as RDLs, works all of the muscles that generate power as well as those that stabilise the hip complex. To build powerful hips, you’ll need optimal stability as well as maximal muscle fibre activation.
How to do it:
- Begin slowly, concentrating on form.
- Perform 3 to 4 sets with a weight that seems somewhat heavier hanging from your arm.
- Master the movement first, then go to power training.
- Start with 8 to 12 repetitions and progressively lower the number as the resistance increases.
Lateral Band Walks
This exercise may appear simple, but it’s essential you strengthen the gluteus medius muscle. This allows your knees to take the lead on the downswing, promoting optimum stability.
How to do it:
- To begin, choose the appropriate band.
- Do 10 to 20 back-and-forth walks to the left of your starting location.
- You’ll start to feel the burn in your muscles after two long walks.
Get in touch – we can help.
Are you suffering some joint pain and are looking for a physio in the Belfast, Newcastle or Newry areas? Our physios are fully qualified and insured to help get you back on your feet. Book your appointment today.
TEL: +44(0)28 908 97554
The Physio Clinic Belfast: Appointments are Monday to Friday with some early morning and as well as some late evenings.
TEL: +44(0)28 3026 9733
The Physio Clinic Newry offers appointments from early in the morning until late evenings, Monday to Friday, as well as Saturday mornings.
TEL: +44(0)28 4321 8005