Top Tips to Prevent Back Pain
Keeping your back muscles strong is one of the best ways to avoid back pain. To help prevent back pain, follow these steps:
- At least two days each week, perform muscle-strengthening and stretching activities.
- Straighten up and stand up.
- Avoid heavy lifting. If you must lift something heavy, keep your back straight and your knees bent. Your leg muscles will do the majority of the work this way.
- Get moving and eat well.
There are several forms of back pain
Back pain can be acute (short-term) or chronic (long-term). It might be severe, sharp or dull, with continuous aching.
Acute back pain can persist anywhere from a few days to many weeks. It frequently happens by accident or by lifting something too heavy. Without therapy, acute back pain resolves typically on its own. However, there may be moments when you require medical attention.
Chronic back discomfort lasts longer than three months. It occurs far less frequently than severe back pain. The majority of persistent cases can be managed without surgery.
Am I at risk?
Who suffers from back pain?
Most people will have back discomfort at some time in their life. It is one of the most frequent medical conditions. As you become older, you’re more prone to suffer from back discomfort.
Many people suffer back injuries when they lift, push, or drag something too heavy.
You might also be at risk for back pain if you:
- Are pregnant
- Have poor posture (do not stand or sit up straight)
- Are not physically active
- Have a fall or an accident
- Have a medical condition like arthritis or cancer
GET IN TOUCH – WE CAN HELP.
Are you suffering from back pain and are looking for a physio in the Belfast, Newcastle or Newry areas? Our physios are fully qualified and insured to help get you back on your feet. Book your appointment today.
TEL: +44(0)28 908 97554
The Physio Clinic Belfast: Appointments are Monday to Friday with some early morning and as well as some late evenings.
TEL: +44(0)28 3026 9733
The Physio Clinic Newry offers appointments from early in the morning until late evenings, Monday to Friday, as well as Saturday mornings.
TEL: +44(0)28 4321 8005